Wednesday 25 July 2012

Caudalie Eau De Beauté - Magic water?

Yes, I finally gave in and bought it, the product everyone is raving about, Caudalie's Eau de Beauté.
I can't even remember where I read about it first or who I watched talking about it first, because everybody on either YouTube or in blogs seems to talk or write about it, and either love or hate it.

So I thought I might as well give it a try. Instead of ordering it online, I tried to find out which shops or pharmacies stock it. Turns out that it is mostly sold in selected pharmacies.
What the hell, I thought, went and got it. I decided to give the small bottle (30ml) a try first to see what it does to my skin. At €9.90, it is not the cheapest product. The pharmacy also stocked the large 115ml bottle, which retails for €31.95.

And here it is:

It comes in a nice little glass bottle with a spray head. Unfortunately, when I opened the cover for the first time, the nozzle came off and I had to stick it back on. Up until now, I does not seem to have done any harm to the way the product is applied, but it seems to remain a weak spot.



Anyways, the writing on the bottle promises a "Smoothing, glowing complexion". So far, I can neither confirm it nor object to it. I have been using it for two weeks now and I cannot (yet) tell whether it does anything to my skin.
I apply it in the morning and at night after cleansing and before moisturising my skin. It feels refreshing and nice. However, I struggle with the smell. The smell is hard to describe, but remind me of peppermint in combination with other herbs.
It is quite strong when you apply it and shortly afterwards, but seems to fade after a while. That's definitely something I can live with.

However, I am quite surprised that I have not yet felt any dryness on my skin, since my skin tends to become dryer when I use stuff that contains alcohol, and this toner definitely contains alcohol. In the list of ingredients, it comes second after water.

But still I'm excited to see whether it helps with the occasional blemishes I get. Usually, I would expect it to prevent them as alcohol will get rid of any bad bacteria on my skin that may cause these blemishes.

I will definitely continue using it until the bottle is empty and then decide whether the toner is worth the money and whether to re-purchase it.

If you have tried the Caudalie Eau de Beauté, let me know whatyou think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment