Monday 13 August 2012

Mango Beautifying Oil by The Body Shop

I first read about the new Beautifying Oils by The Body Shop in a blog post more than a month ago, but I can't remember which blog it was. However, the girl in the blog loved the oil - I think she got the Pink Grapefruit oil - because it helped her get rid of the dry skin on her shinbones. She also loved the scent of the oil.

Since I also suffer from dry skin on my body, especially my elbows, I thought I could give it a try. I also liked the idea that the oils are completely natural and do not contain any silicone like most oil products that are currently available for skin and hair.

I decided to buy the mango-scented oil, because I simply loved the smell. I also liked the other scents, but I loved mango the most.
The other scents available are: coconut, moringa, shea, cocoa butter, sweet lemon, strawberry, satsuma, pink grapefruit, olive and chocomania.
 According to The Body Shop, the oils are "pure beauty in a bottle." They contain "a lightweight blend of nut oils including Community Fair Trade marula oil" and are to give "instant hydration and a shimmering finish."
The label on the bottle says that the oil can be used to moisturise, smooth and illumnate body, face and hair.

I've been using the oil for several weeks now and I love it. I use three to four drops on my hand, rub both hands together and apply it on my elbows.
I have also started using it on my face, because one day, after I had used a peeling mask, the skin on my face felt dry and tight even after having applied my moisturiser, which is currently Clinique Moisture Surge. I thought I'd accept the risk of my skin breaking out, which often happens when I use too oily products. But that didn't happen at all.
The oil leaves a slightly oily feeling on the skin, but does not result in the skin looking greasy or oily. The oil seems to sink in quite quickly and the tight feeling goes away immediately. However, I would only use the oil on my face at night, because I think that in the morning or during the day, a foundation would not stay in place if applied on top of the oil.
I will definitely continue using the oil as a relief on my face whenever the skin feels particularly dry or tight. I could image that the oil will come in handy in winter when it's colder. 

The scent is not as intense as that of the Body Butters by The Body Shop. Of course, you can smell it after applying the oil, but it fades after a while. Thus, it is still possible to apply perfume when having used the oil, which I would not recommend in combination with the Body Butters. Their scent is definitely more dominant and their sweet fruity scent mixes with the fragrance of your perfume.

In general, I would highly recommend the Beautifying Oil by The Body Shop if you have dry skin or dry patches both on your body and face. I like the texture, the scent and the way it moisturises my skin without causing breakouts. I haven't used it on my hair so far because I do not tend to get dry hair, but I might give it a try on the ends of my hair only to see whether it makes my hair look greasy.
Since a small amount goes a long way, the price is not too bad either. The bottle contains 100ml or 3.3 fl. oz and costs €10.00 in Germany and £9.00 in the UK. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment